Joomla 3.9 and the Wright Template Framework
Thank you to everyone that attended a great meeting!!!
Joomla 3.9 Overview
Presentor: Steve Burge, Joomla Shack
Steve reviewed the following pages and details:
Some questions by the group:
- Could the Users listing (where all of the user edit history is kept) hurt performance?
- ---> From Steve, we haven't seen that as a problem yet
- We see an advantage of storing the details about the user history, at least to be able to see who did what and when to the site.
Thank you to Steve, if you want to learn more about Joomla, visit, JoomlaShack.com, they have great videos to teach you everything about Joomla that you need to know!
To watch a full video of the User Group Meeting for this section:
Working with the WRIGHT FRAMEWORK
For this section of the class, we played through the training videos created by JoomlaShack that goes through from start to finish the entire Wright Framework. Watching the videos took about 1 hour.
Questions from the group:
1. With hiding 'modules' or content from view on cell phone
- bootstrap 4.1 - https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.1/utilities/display/
- hide modules with joomlashack - https://www.joomlashack.com/blog/wright-template-framework/hiding-modules-for-mobile/
- bootstrap 2 - http://getbootstrap.com/2.3.2/scaffolding.html#responsive
- If you don't want the module rendered AT ALL (hide it without using css)
- Advanced Module Manager is good extension to not render a module in mobile: https://www.regularlabs.com/extensions/advancedmodulemanager
2. Is there an option for RESPONSIVE TABLES
These are some options for tables that come with bootstrap:
- To make them responsive, more code would need to be added.
3. In the video it mentioned the best way to add google analytics is to modify the php of the template, we weren't 'thrilled with that option'
could we use:
- create a module and put in the debug position? (yes)
- However, if you want to insert the code inside the head tag, then a Joomla plugin such as https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/advanced-google-analytics/